Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Almost Forgot to Title This

Hey world! Me again, still on my journey, but it's coming to a close. I don't eve remember how many books I am behind, but it's certainly a lot. I haven't even reviewed anything I've read in the last twoish weeks! Yikes! I also have to make this quick because this is secretly not my computer, and the owner could come back at any minute to find me using it with only half-permission. So, here I go!

So, over a week ago, actually almost two now, I finished this book called Black Moon by Kenneth Calhoun. I do not think it is a series, in fact I'm aboout 99.9999% positive, and as we all know, four nines on the right of the decimal just equals one. But it is a debut, so huzzah huzzah! Congratulations, Kenneth. I'm sure you want this Amazon link, so here you go. There is no audible. Pity. Deja vu (excuse the lack of accents - not my computer, remember?) I feel like I've said that before.

Summaryish: Insomnia as an epidemic. Yeah. I could stop right there, because that's pretty much all you need to know, but I feel like I should go on. Everywhere, a tide of sleeplessness is turning people into maniacs...except for a few people who for some reason are not affected by the disease. Each featured character has his or her own dreams and goals, but everything changes because of the insomnia, and no one is safe, not even the sleepers.

Review: Wowzers. I considered making this a Wow. Just Wow. I really did. But then I realized it, like Skyship Academy so many books ago, is just a bit shy of that amazing level of awesomeness recquired for such an esteemed title. Hey, I just spent an hour programming. Yay for me, but that's sad for you. But back to my review. This book was last on my pile for a reason: It was a spur of the moment grab that I thought might be interesting enough to fill a few hours of my life, and also balance my library bag. What I got though, was so much more. It was amazing how invested I was in this story. It was not only chilling, but exciting and beautiful, elegant really. It was almost unbelievable how much I came to care for the totally average people in this story. So yay, good book. If you're anything like me, you'll devour it in one bite.

Words to the Characters:

I can't remember anyone's names, despite the fact that I loved them all, and the book is deep deep in my backpack so this message is for everyone: Sweet dreams!

Okay...mental count... Four(?) books behind now.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment