Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Broke My Arm Once. Close Enough, Right?

Hey world! It's tea time and I thought to myself, what other time of day would be more wonderful for blogging? Which is why I am here, with my herbal lemongrass Teatulia for company. It's organic, you know, which I really don't care about, but it makes me feel both posh and healthy. I only bought this tea because it's Rainforest Alliance Certified. It's even better with a little honey and a tablespoon of sugar...Wow, when I say it like that, it sounds like I have a BUNCH of sugar in my tea! Maybe I do. I like what I like. Speaking of liking things, I'll tell you how I feel about this book now.

So, kind of a long time ago, I finished this book called Broken Wings by Shannon Dittemore. This is book two of the Angel Eyes trilogy, which I think is the only group of books Ms. Dittemore has written to date. Hopefully she's brainstorming, or even drafting, something new! Sadly, I'm running out of tea, but something I always have an abundant supply of is Amazon links! The audible is a little too...vibrate-y for my taste, but maybe that's just over my headphones. Oh wait...it just got better...

Summaryish: The rules are going into action...now. I am officially out of tea. Sad. Anyways. After rescuing a group of children from slavery with the help of angels and a halo, Brielle and Jake are enjoying a little downtime. But it is only to last for a glimmer, because just as she's getting used to her life again, things become uproarious again. Breille's father has started drinking again, and he's dating a much younger woman. Jake is hiding something from her, and demons are again tormenting her - both inner and outer. 

Review: This book was fabulous! I love the way that it wasn't just one thing happening at a time, it was always this escalator of building tensions and conflicts all building up to a final, beautiful, not-just-physical battle. And while pages were not wrinkled under desperate fingers, at least the whole time, I still enjoyed every page. It was suspenseful, and action filled happenings balanced with normal everyday struggles that mixed together make for an enthralling read. Soo...Did I sound like Kirkus? That's what I was going for. Did you know if you're an author you have to pay to get Kirkus to review your book? I just learned that.

Words to the Characters:

Brielle: I think you over reacted...he just didn't want to add anything more to your plate. 

Jake: It was still wrong, dude.

Okay, that was Day Four. I think. I've lost track. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment