Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This Entire Post Was So I Could Use The Words "Pyroclastic" and "Parenthetical."

Hey world! Happy tea time! Wow, I just noticed that there are a bunch of empty tea cups all over my desk...okay, it's only one, but it made me remember a time when it was three. Anyway, it took me a moment to remember in which order I read the next two books I have to review, but I finally did! And since I have, I see no logical reason to continue rambling about my tea, even though I made it with the absolute most perfect amount of honey. 

So, there was this time when I read a book by Michael Grant, and that made me want to read everything else by him, so I checked out Gone, which is book one in a six book series. Suddenly I'm in the mood to speak French. Si tu veux acheter le livre, cette Amazon lien est parfaite pour toi! (If you want to buy the book, this Amazon link is perfect for you.) There is no audible, which is sad, because I'd really like to hear what a voice actor makes of Drake...

Summaryish: One pleasant day at Perdido Beach, a small town in California, - it's the next day now because I had to do my laundry and then go somewhere, and it is not tea time - everyone over the age of fifteen simply vanishes without a trace, and a mysterious wall appears keeping all the survivors in. In hte chaos that ensues in a town without adults, bullies rule. And when kids start developing weird superhuman powers, it seems that their only hope for survival lies in each of their fifteenth birthdays, when they too will vanish. But will they be zapped to the world outside? Or someplace worse than where they are? 

Review: This book was over 570 pages...I finished it in less than three days. I think that really is enough said about how awesome this book was. It was amazing! Like, Lord of the Flies mixed with The Girl Who Owned A City, but because I didn't like that second book, I'm also going to add I Am Number Four because not only did I love that book, but aliens was a theory about why everyone disappeared. ANYWAY. The first part of the book was like whoa-snap-what? But then for the next several (ahem, hundred) pages it was kind of...slowish. But the suspense was certainly building throughout the whole thing rising and rising until it all just exploded in this action-spasm of pyroclastic fury (without volcanoes. Also included in this parenthetical side-note: Action-spasm? I just totally came up with that! High five me!) So, two thumbs are firmly in the up position. 

Comments:

AGH! Okay, i'm going to have to come up with an other last paragraph topic, because this is way too hard.

Okay, bye! Hopefully next time will have a nice ending.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment