Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm Ghost Lightning (Not To Be Confused With Greased) Which Sounds Much Cooler.

Hey world! I'm still on my trip, so I hope you understand why blog posts have been few and far between lately and why I'm about five books behind! I've had lots of access to books...not quite the same amount of access to Internet, but I've got a few days before I switch locations yet again, and my trip will be over on Sundayish, so soon we'll be back to normal. I haven't had any time to think about what to replace the Words to the Characters thing with, and it's kind of hurting my feelings that you're not commenting ideas, sooo...yeah. Also, nothing happens when you press both shift keys at the same time.

So, a way long time ago, and by that I mean May 23, I finished this book called A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron, who has a sound effected website which would be awesome, but I'm supposed to be quiet right now, so is actually not very good for me at this time. This book is definitely a sequel to The Dark Unwinding, but I'm not entirely sure if this was just a duology or if it's a longer series with more to come. Who knows? She hasn't blogged since October! Goodness gracious, a tiny dog just forced her way between the back of the laptop I'm using and the arm of the couch. I'm impressed, tiny dog wearing an embarrassing outfit and who also smells not very pleasant. And now your impressive feat is forever immortalized on the Internet.

Summaryish: The dog moved. Also, this book is about Katharine Tulman, a few months after the ending of the last book. Things are chaotic in her life yet again while this guy whose name I can't remember is threatening to take Uncle Tully away and use him for his own nefarious purposes. I love that word, nefarious. Anyways. In an effort to not only save her uncle, but to also find Lane, she takes off to France, where mysterious things occur. I've been having lots of bad summaryishes lately. Oh well.

Review: Hurray! I knew this book would be better than the first one, and it was. Althought the first forty were a little mleh and I was actually a little worried, but after that things were just like woooww, bang, pow, zzzwang, pickow. It was very satisfying. In addition, everything was very well balanced, action, suspense, reveals, all expertly positioned so not a single page is left unwrinkled by desperate fingers. I like that sentence, I think I'll write it again. Not a single page is left unwrinkled by desperate fingers. 

Words to the Characters:

Katharine: I'm really tired of talking to characters every book.

Uncle Tully: I can really identify with you, because I am a much mellower version of you. 

Henri: Dude. No.

Okay, I'm done. Bye bye until further notice.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

P.S. Almost forgot this Amazon link!!

No comments:

Post a Comment