Thursday, April 25, 2013

And In This Corner, Weighing In At A Staggering Two Ounces....This Book!

Hey everyone!! I'm still buzzing from all the excitement of the last post! But this post is going to be a little different from all my other ones, I'm still going to have Words to the Characters instead of a Page By Page Commentary, but something will be different! I'm tired of this paragraph, on with the post!

So, I just finished this book called Pastworld by Ian Beck, I don't think it's part of a series, it had a pretty ended ending! Oo, this book has a trailer! I just watched it, it has some pretty rough acting in it, but if you want to see it, it's here. I feel like I'm forgetting something...Oh yes! The Amazon link!! Here, you can have it. This paragraph is over.

Summaryish: Alrighty, this book is an easy one to describe, but since I'm bad at this part, I'll do my best. So the year is 2048, and London has been remade into theme park called Pastworld, which is a recreation of Victorian London, and, sadly, that means a lot of murder. It also means Eve, a young lady who doesn't know that she's in a theme park, is being hunted by one of those murderers. Also, a young man's daddy just got kidnapped by the same murderer. Seeing any suspicious connections? I sure am. But, then, I've already read the book, haven't I?

Review: This is where the post gets deviaty-from-the-normy. Why? Because I didn't like the book. Sure it was actiony and suspensy, but that doesn't always constitute a fantastic read. It was well-written, sure, but I didn't like it very much. My attention wandered, and sometimes I'd have to flip back and see what I missed. Other times I was just plain bored. But I am planning to put another Ian Beck on my list, because I like to give authors a fair chance to impress and hook me. Who knows how it will turn out? 

Words to the Characters: 

Caleb: In this book, you seem really dazed and out of it, I'm sorry I couldn't get to know you better. Maybe that was a reason I disliked this book?

Eve: Wow, rocking the tight-rope. I should do that, it looks fun!

Okay, post equals done. For today at least, I'll be back soon with a Robin Wasserman!! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment