Saturday, April 13, 2013

FBI, If You're Reading This...Hi!!!!


Hello again everyone! So, laundry didn't take as long as I thought, and now I'm back blogging again!! If you are confused, scroll down and read my last post, it'll clear things up for you. Okay, okay, I admit it, I just wanted you to read my other post because I love it when people read my blog. So thanks to all you book fanatics out there checking out my blog. I now have over 700 page views coming from 20 different countries. You know who you are, so I won't include the list of all those countries. Anyways, books.

So, yesterday I finished reading this book called I, Q Book Three: Kitty Hawk by Roland Smith. The Amazon link is located here! The title is not to be confused with "IQ" as in "Intelligence Quotient." It is "I, Q" as in "I, Q, do so solemnly swear..." Or "I, Q, am a boy whose name is actually Quest." My confusion of the exact thing above is what made me pick up the first book in the series in the first place. I was hoping it would be a nice science fiction tale maybe about someone with an outstanding IQ and needed to save the world or something. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was about....

Summaryish: ....a boy with a singer for a mom, and another singer for a step-dad and a step-sister whose real mom is a terrorist. Hey, I wonder if the FBI is looking at my blog now because I said the word terrorist. (Hello FBI! Welcome to my blog! Don't worry - it's harmless!) Anyways, I don't really remember much about the first two books in the series because I read them in 2011, which was 2 years ago. I do remember that Quest is a magician, his real dad is a little crazy, and he's been involved in several secret missions for the government along with a group called SOS and his step sister Angela. This time around, the president's daughter has been kidnapped. And that's all I'm going to say...

Review: Okay, I really enjoyed this book! It was really short, just over 200 pages, but luckily that didn't make it bad. I like how Mr. Smith has brought in characters from one of his other series books StormRunners and brought them over to this series! I love it when authors do that, especially when it's a surprise! The story was great, just actiony enough that my attention was held, but not too actiony that I was overwhelmed. Some parts were just people following other people, but somehow it was still incredibly captivating. 

Words to the Characters: 

Q: I like how your name is just one letter, that's pretty neat.

Boone: Snap, who are you???

That's it for today! I'm reading a great book now, but since it's the last book in my pile I have to slow down to read it, so I don't know when I'll be back! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment