Saturday, April 13, 2013

Okay, I'm Really Tired of Being Dizzy.

Hello everyone! I've been bad. Again. I haven't blogged in AGES! But the good news is I have two books to review today! I have deducted that I usually blog twice in the same day, so when you are looking at my blog, you should check to see if you've missed any reviews. Because you don't want to go to the library and get a bad book that I could have warned you against, and you also don't want to go to the library and skip over an awesome book that I have recommended. That wouldn't be nice at all, would it? Anyways, let's get started!

So, a few days ago I closed James Dashner's book The Kill Order prequel to the Maze Runner series, most of which I have reviewed before. Right about here is the link to the last time I reviewed a Maze Runner, and inside of that there should be a link to the first part (which was actually the second) of the series I reviewed. And right about here you will find an Amazon link. And right about here is where this paragraph ends. 

Summaryish: Alrighty, so this book is about a guy named Mark and his friends Alec, Lana, and Trina and their lives after the Sun Flares. Well, at least for the first couple of pages it's about that. After chapter one, it turns into a book about where the deadly disease that ravaged the world when Thomas was saving it, The Flare came from, how it mutated, why it was made. Stuff like that. Also, it's about how the friends mentioned above fight for survival in a place where Cranks are all, like, crazy and cannibalistic. Wow, short summary. Well, it was short book, only 327 pages, so it makes sense.

Review: This book definitely could have been better. It had a lot to live up to, but instead of doing just that, it kind of lived, I don't know, next to.My attention was barely kept during this book. That's not to say it was a bad book of course. I think it just needed a stronger story line. Another thing: There were fights on like every other page, and that got a little boring. Normally I like a good showdown, but too many too close together just gets boring and then you start thinking "Gee, who dies this time around?" Yeah, that about it.

Words to the Characters: 

Deedee: I'm getting the weirdest feeling that later you become Teresa, am I right? 

Mark and co.: Is being crazy anything like being me? I'm probably going to go insane soon, so I just want to know if much is going to change. 

Oky doky, that's all for this post. I have another book to review today, but I won't do that until later because I have to do my laundry. Hmm...Was that too personal for an anonymous blog? Oh well!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment