Monday, April 29, 2013

I Feel Like a Carbonated Beverage That Someone Has Shaken Relentlessly.


Hello fellow book fanatics!! How very nice to see you! I'm still buzzing about the Wayne Thomas Batson Acknowledgement thing!!! It's just so exciting! My favourite author putting my blog in his book!! I can't wait!  Anyways, two posts are happening today! Well, one for sure, I'm still thinking about the other one. I can't decide if it's too good to review or not. Hmm. Anyways, I'm going to get right into it now!

So, a few days ago, actually a long time ago, I finished this book called Crashed by Robin Wasserman of the Skinned trilogy. It's also known as Shattered of the Cold Awakening Trilogy. Either way, it's book two. I reviewed the first book here, so we're on our way to having ANOTHER entire series review on this blog! Happy day! If you would like to own a copy, I would suggest clicking here IMMEDIATELY! Well, not exactly immediately, you can click whenever you want. I just wanted to add a little drama to this post.

Summaryish: Perhaps it would not be wise to summarize today. I mean, it is the second in a series, and I don't want to give away what happened in the first book. But I guess I have to. Or I can completely ignore the first book and just talk about the second. Okay, I'll go with that. So Lia is finally accepting her life as a mech when things go drastically wrong. Her former best friend is testifying against her, (Not in court, just in public) some terrorists blow some stuff up, she's on the run from the law, and all sorts of unpleasant things. Anyways, as her world is crumbling around her, she tries her hardest to save all the other mechs from termination. The end.

Review: Okay, this book way pretty great, although not one of my favourites. Something about it failed to hold my attention, and sometimes I realized I wasn't reading at all, just staring at the ceiling. (I have a really nice ceiling) But other times, I was totally engrossed and flipping pages like a madman. So, all in all, I give this book a B+ for originality, compelling-ness, and style. But I give it a D+ for cover art, not my style. I prefer colorful covers without people on them. I don't know why, though. I just do.

Words to the Characters:

Lia: Your one fault is that you don't seem passionate enough. Maybe you should fix that.

Auden: So even though you got all mean and embittered, you're still my favourite character.

That's all for right now! I need to continue thinking about whether my next post will actually be a post, or a non-post post of unpostfulness. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment