Sunday, April 7, 2013

What Was I Going To Title This Again? I Forgot.

Hello everyone...again! It's been a few seconds, and, as predicted, I am already deep into this post! Huh. I can't really think of anything else to talk about in this paragraph. Weird. Usually I'm good at rambling on and on about nothing whatsoever, and people get annoyed and walk away while I'm still talking to someone, so I continue the conversation with just myself and the air around me. Anyways, blog.

So, I just finished this book called Prism by two authors, Faye and Aliza Kellerman. Aliza is Faye's daughter and they worked together on this book. Bonding. Always a good thing, especially on the molecular level. Unless of course you're bonding a giraffe and a duck. Not pretty. Anyways, I have hidden away the Amazon link into a place so minuscule and disguised that you'll never find it. So ha! 

Summaryish: Okay, this book is about a girl with purple hair going on a school trip. Sounds boring, right? Wrong. Because there is a car crash and dimension change, and now she and two others are trapped in a world where all health care is non-existent. People there are forced to suffer in silence or else be taken away and left to die in a special, but not at all pleasant, disease-ridden city. That's pretty much it, you'll have to figure the rest out yourself.

Review: Okay, technically, this book had everything it needed to make it successful. An intriguing plot, likable characters, nice imagery, and, you know, it's a book. But there was something about it, something small that I can't quite explain that made me dislike it. I don't even know what it is. Maybe the authors' voices? Maybe the tone? Maybe the copyright page? I don't know. But just something made it...bleh. But not in a way that I don't recommend it, which is weird, because I do recommend it. Crazy, I know, but with me, anything's possible. 

Words to the Characters: 

Kaida: So, um, how's that working out for you? 

Joy: Your name is a little ironic, but in a good way.

Zeke: Actually, I can't think of anything to say to you. Sorry.

Oi, I don't know about you, but I am blogged out! See you, I don't know, tomorrow? 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment