Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Cannot Contain My Excitement, I Might Spontaneously Combust!

OH MY SNAP I'M SO EXCITED!!! Time for the great news!!!!!! Wayne Thomas Batson is re-releasing his trilogy, The Door Within! All three books are coming out AGAIN on May 7th. Major coincidence: The same day The Savage Blue comes out! But here's what I think is the best part of the news: Because I said the above announcement, MY NAME or at least the 13 Xes that mark the spot of my name, is going to be on the Acknowledgements page of his newest book! Ohmysnapohmysnapohmysnap, I'm so excited! My most favorite author in the world (No offence anyone else) is going to know that my blog exists. Anyways, book time.

So, I just finished this book called School's Out - Forever by James Patterson. Here's some good news! It's the second in the Maximum Ride series! It took me a while to get it, too, because it's so popular. But not so long that I read the first book BB, in fact, here is where you can find where I reviewed the first book! The Amazon link is located right about here. I'm going to warn you ahead of time: Something in this post is going to deviate from the trodden path. I just wanted to warn you so you don't get a heart attack. 

Summaryish: This book is all about the continuing saga of Maximum Ride, Human-Bird Mutant Extraordinaire, and the rest of the Flock. In this installment of their epic life, the Flock find a home, not just a house or shelter, but a home. With a nice lady, plenty of food, and even school. A real school, not an evil School with a capital S. Anyways, then its all yanked away and some interesting stuff that I cannot tell you about because of devious little spoilers which I am completely against.

Review: This book was great! It was written in first person, my favourite perspective, and I really got to know Max. I feel like she's my friend, and that made the book even better than it actually was. It was also really well-written and actiony! Suspenseful! Great plot! Nice characters! I didn't want to put it down! But when the words start blurring together on the page, and your eye lids start drooping, you just gotta. I don't know what else to say.

Words to the Characters.  

Here's the part that I'm mixing up, instead of Words to the Characters, I'm going to have a page-by-page commentary. (Don't worry, not ALL the pages.)

Page 1: I'm so excited!

Page 45: So far so good!

Page 90: Umm...Okay, this book just lost a touch of it's awesomeness, but I'll go with it. 

Page 241: Ha! I knew it. 

Page 256: I knew that too. 

Page 281-283: GameBoy is one word, isn't it? 

Page 297: Umm...I'll go with that too.

Page 344: Things just got good...

Page 399: Snap it's over? Wow...It 12:50 AM, I should probably turn off my light. 

Okay, I'm done!!! Okay, it's starting to sink in that WAYNE THOMAS BATSON!!!! Is going to put my Xes into his book....Eep!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment