Saturday, February 1, 2014

Beep Boop Bop.

Hey world! I'm back for some more book fun! I might as well skip the introduction since I've already introduced today, but it would just feel weird without it. But what should I talk about? Three days until Ignite Me!! That's something great! But my library hasn't pre-ordered it yet, so that's bad news. Tear. Okay, that's long enough, pressing enter!

So, less than a long time but not a short time ago, I finished this book called Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum, who either doesn't have a website, or his website is very obscure. Either way, I couldn't find it. I did, however find out that this book already has its sequel, Fugitive X, out, and that the Amazon link is so very available, right here

Summaryish: Another future book, but can you blame me? I mean, the future, helloooo what's not awesome about that? Anyways, in this future robots have taken over, leaving only a few small colonies of humans living in hiding in the woods. But, the robots are methodically finding and kidnapping all of these people, and taking them to their cities. When the parents of siblings Nick, Kevin, and Cass, are taken by the bots, they set off to find them. Of course they do, if they didn't there wouldn't be a story. Anyways, when they get to the city, they find out that it's nothing like the rumors, and finding their parents and getting them out before it's too late might prove impossible.

Review: This book is pretty short, but it took me a long time to finish, only because I didn't like it very much. Wow, so far this marathon has been pretty negative, hopefully it will brighten up soon! It was a great idea, but I just don't think Mr. Rosenblum and I are compatible, because there is no such thing as a bad story, unless the author didn't love it like a child, which Mr. Rosenblum obviously did, so it was entirely my fault for not liking it. The reasons were: It was very slow, and even when things were happening, it still felt like swimming through word molasses. I probably spent more time staring at the ceiling than actually reading the pages. I think if the cities were like the jacket flap described, it would have been better. It was entirely awful though, I made friends with the characters and some parts got my attention. So, I personally think Mr. Rosenblum should thing about improving his word choice and thickening his plot to make it go just a little deeper. I like it when thing I didn't expect happen, and this book was predictable. I can't promise anything about reading the sequel, I guess we'll just have to see if I'm near it and my book bag is unbalanced at the same time. I do like to give answers honest chances though, and two books is usually what I try to read before abandoning someone, so maybe. I don't know.

Words to the Characters:

Nick: I think you look good with the new eye, so don't worry your little head!

Cass: Oooo...You like him, oooo!

Okay, I'm done. Just give me a sec to press the new post button and type up the next review!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment