Monday, February 24, 2014

I Hope It's Almost Dinner Time, I'm Hungry!

Hello world! For the thirdish time in a row, I am on time! I only finished this book yesterday, so take that preconceptions! I am a reformed blogger! But probably not for long...Anyways. What else is there to mention? Hmmm...Well, it's almost the end of February, and I haven't had a themed series of reviews like I promised. Well, maybe that will change, I'm going to the library hopefully tomorrow, because I'm reading my last book now, and while I still have a little less than 400 pages, I'm hoping I will have an extra hour to read tonight. 

So, yesterday after begging for three more pages after being given a task to do, and reading those pages, a book called The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron was finished! Then, of course, I did the task and ate dinner. But, my fetching something from downstairs does not change the fact that this book is what I'm pretty sure is going to be a trilogy...but that might be something else...All those blurbs on the back get muddled in my head, and yet I still remember that Scott Westerfeld called Robin Wasserman's books "Spellbinding," which is both odd, and confirms my theories that all these authors know each other and laugh at my typos every Tuesday. But let's cut this ramble short with an Amazon link

Summaryish: In circa 1852, a young lady is sent by her aunt to her uncle's estate to proclaim said uncle insane, take over the estate, and thus secure her annoying cousin's inheritance. But, when she gets there and finds not one estate with a few servants, but a HUGE estate with a few HUNDRED servants, she agrees to give them one month before going to her aunt, but finds herself enjoying her time more than she planned, and perhaps losing her mind. Like how I threw that last part in there? I thought it was kind of clever.

Review: This book took a while to get going. In fact, I was about ready to scream at the ceiling, but every once in a while, something would catch my attention, and I would persevere. And then, it wasn't so much perseverance anymore, but satisfaction in the way events were playing out and the speed at which they were happening. It wasn't exactly heart racing, and I don't think this book will claim a spot in my top twenty - which I have yet to write - but might in, say, may top 40. It was a good book, but I think the only reason I didn't absolutely adore it was because it wasn't exactly my genre. But who knows? Maybe book two has aliens. 

Words to the Characters:

Lane: Very nice things I can't mention, but very bad temper. Tsk tsk.

Katharine: You are incredibly rude, I think you should work on that.

Davy: Pssh...like I didn't know the whole time. Okay, I knew some of it, but not all of it. I cannot tell a lie.

Okay, that's all, join me next time for something I'm really hoping isn't what I think it is.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment