Monday, February 10, 2014

You Mean To Say...There Was A Time Before GPS?

Hey world! Me again...But then again, who else would it be? It's been like, over a week. But the good news is, I have three books to review, and I'm having another marathon. I'm just going to post one right after the other, so heads up! The fact that I haven't started my next book yet really helps that, if I had started it, you wouldn't even be hearing from me right now.

So, a pretty long while ago actually, I finished this book called The Map Across Time by C.S. Lakin. If that name is sounding familiar, it's because I recently read book one of the Gates of Heaves Series, of which this book is number two. And, if your memory is super amazing and you read all of my posts, (which I doubt)(not the capability of your memory, which I'm sure is fabulous, but the part about reading my posts...I don't think anyone does anymore), then you'll know that this was my back up book. Meaning, of course, that I had to wait a long time before going back to the library, which made me sad. But anyways, I still have one more back-up book left, and an Amazon link, so we're good. 

Summaryish: There's this guy named Adin who has a dad, I mean, who doesn't? But still, his dad is a greedy king. He also has a twin sister, which is also nice. Now that family fun is out of the way, let's talk about what actually happened. So, Adin starts on a quest to save his sister from being married to some stranger, but that just kind of disappears as he is rerouted into different adventure to save his entire kingdom from a curse. Traveling back in time, with his sister secretly following him, he attempts to solve the mystery and save his kingdom, while staying alive in the process, which is actually harder than it sounds.

Review: I didn't much like the first book in this series, if you recall, but this one was way better! Maybe Ms. Lakin had new series jitters or something, but whatever the problem, it was resolved here! This book was full of interesting things happening, and the characters really became my friends. It was a mystifying tale, and even though time travel isn't necessarily a new idea, Ms. Lakin puts a fresh spin on it! Way to go! Scale of one to ten, I'd give it a 7 for lack of aliens, explosions, and fairies. I mean, what's a fairy tale with no fairies? It's just a tale. And then it might as well be trailing behind several different types of animals. 

Words to the Characters:

Adin: I didn't even notice.

Aletha: Hey, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Okay, number one done...And I must admit that my fingers are sore (I've been typing all day.) I pinky swear one tomorrow!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment