Saturday, February 1, 2014

UNDAAA DAA SEA!!!!!!!!! (Unda Da Sea) Darling It's Better Down Where It's Wetter, Take It From These Guys!

Hey world! It's been awhile, but here's some good news: I'm having an All Day Saturday Reviewing Marathon!! With FOUR book to review! Starting right now, and ending later, possibly around snack time. I'm doing one before lunch, two after lunch, and one while I'm eating snack. But this, my dearest reader, is a promise! And I never break my promises. So, all four book are to be reviewed today, and if they aren't, then you can take away my library card!

So, a super long time ago I read this book by Polly Holyoke called The Neptune Project. In fact, I think it's her only book at the moment. The sequel will be coming out in April of 2015. Oh, one more thing before the Amazon link, this book is published by Disney/Hyperion, but Puffin UK is publishing it in June under the title The Neptune Conspiracy so the UKers should be aware of that. Anyways, without further delay: Amazonians, enjoy your link.

Summaryish: In this future world, sea levels are rising, crops are failing, it's miserably hot, and most of the world is starving. Now for the good news! There's this secret group of kids who have been genetically altered to be able to live underwater! So, Nere and several people she knows must traverse all the dangers of the sea in order to reach the underwater colony to save the world. That's all, no big whoop.

Review: So, at the library, I picked this book up because I was like, "Yeah, it's been a while since I had an underwater adventure." And I picked it up and put it in my baggy. At the checkout counter, I noticed the cover and I was like, "Hmm." I'm not ashamed to admit that I judge books by their covers, why else would they be there? And this cover wasn't particularly appetizing. The first couple chapters lived up to their cover. But, as with all good books, I got into it, and ended up mostly enjoying it. There were some parts that were overly dramatized or repetitive, but I certainly wasn't wanting for more action. The story was a great, but the tone also seemed a little off. Nobody likes moody narrators. So, you might like this, but you might not. It's kind of split right down the middle.

Words to the Characters:

Nere: I'm getting hungry, so I can't talk to you right now.

Dai: Okay, I have to say that you are incredibly creepy and maybe you should work on that.

Okay, see you in a few minutes for the two books after lunch! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment