Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Was Going To Review This On Valentine's Day, Because Of The Title, But Then I Forgot.

Hey world! I'm late again. Well, I'm on time for the book I'm going to review after this one...and a different one...(Just so we're clear, that's three reviews, one of which is on time.) In my defense, though...Okay, I have no defense, just ex out already and be done with it!! I can't take this guilt any longer! Abandon me for a better blogger and put me out of my misery! Wait! Don't go! I take it back! 

So, first of all I'd like to say that I'm happy you stayed. Secondly, I'd like to mention that the book I'm reviewing is called Embrace and it's by Jessica Shirvington. It's book one in the Embrace series, and before you ask, it's not about hugging. You should know by now, I don't like romances. But we'll talk more about that in a paragraph or two, right now it's time for the Amazon link. What's really neat is that audio book is read by a lady with an Australian accent. But something about it is itchy, I don't know what. 

Summaryish: Imagine there's this person you are secretly in love with...and then that person tells you he/she is not entirely human, he/she is half angel. And, oh yeah, so are you! This is what happens to Violet. She doesn't take it very well, and this sets off a chain of events that leads to a very chaotic present and future for Vi. Wanna know why? Because exiled angels hate her because she's powerful, that's why. So yeah, good luck figuring out which genre this is.

Review: If this book could be graded, it would get straight As...with an awkward B- at the end. It was full of action, suspense, moments when you love characters and others when you hate their guts (sometimes for the same character, sometimes not.) But, there are a lot of parts you have to skip. Not the gory battles scenes, which are top-notch, by the way, but all the gross stuff. Anyways, it was thrilling from start to finish. Hopefully when you read this you're on oxygen, because you won't find the time - nor desire - to catch your breath. 

Words to the Characters:

Phoenix: I knew it, I knew it!!! I knew it so much I feel like stamping my foot!

Vi: You have a lot of outbursts. Usually, characters can't pull it off, but on you it works.

Okay, there's the first one done, moving on to the second!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment