Friday, February 21, 2014

Still A Smidgen Shy.

Hey world! An amazing thing has happened! I have two books to review, and I'm not even late at all! Well, this book is one day late, but if you think about it, that's so close to not late it might as well not even be a little late! Take that laws of lateness! Are there even laws of lateness? For the sake of argument, let's say there are. Now, also for the sake of argument, let's break them all and say I'm actually early! Woo!

So, just a teensy bit of a while ago I finished this book called Strikeforce by Nick James. And, wouldn't you know it, it's book three in the Skyship Academy trilogy! Which means it's over, which is terribly depressing. But it also means I've reviewed the whole series on this blog, which is great news! I was just exploring the Nick James site, and now I soooo want to play Skyship Tag! Too bad I don't have a five story building handy. Anyways, I'm sure you're dying to buy it, even though you haven't read my review yet, so you can just go ahead and click here. 

Summaryish: You know the drill, no reading this if you haven't read the other two in the series!! So, with the Red Pearls overflowing the world, and Matigo's plans about Earth gradually being revealed, Cassius and Jesse must figure out how to work together to save the world from this alien attack. But with the Shifter's control over Ridium, that is seeming harder than ever. There are so many twists and turns in this book that that is all I can say.

Review: Woooo! I've  been waiting and waiting and waiting for this book for so long that when my library FINALLY ordered it, I got the first hold and I was First Reader (a great honor). And trust me, I wasn't disappointed. This book is kind of like going to an amusement park. It's not just one roller coaster - it's all of them, including that one ride that goes up and down up and down up....and down. You know that one? Anyways, my one complaint, if you can call it that, is that the tone is kind of easy to tune out and think your own thoughts...But why on Earth would you want to? Why on Haven would you want to? 

Words to the Characters:

Cassius: So, the audible pronounced your names as "Cass-ee-us." But I always thought is was "Kash-uhs." Who's right? Anyways, back to my advice. He's your only (ahem) brother, don't you think you should treat him a little better? It's obvious he wants you to.

Jesse: I wonder why it was you...I mean, I know why it was you...But why?

I have no plans for today, so in order to keep myself from getting bored, I'm going to save my next review for later. But I promise it will be today. (Try not to believe me.)

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment