Sunday, May 4, 2014

But You Won't Get To See The Tears I Cry...Behind the Angel Eyes.

Hey world! And, I'm here on a Sunday! Woo! At the end of this post, I will have met my goal for the blog marathon! And since I have...uhh...three(?) books to review, which may or may not include this one, the marathon can continue further! Oh, another announcement: Wayne Thomas Batson's new book Dreamtreaders is coming out on the sixth, and he's having an Amazon blitz, the more who buy, the more prizes are going to be given out! If you're thinking oo Wayne Thomas Batson, or, oo Dreamtreaders, or oo prizes, you can follow this link I'm so politely giving you to learn more!

So, about a week ago I finished this book called Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore. It is the first book in the Angel Eyes trilogy, and there's also a short free on Shan's website that you can read on your computer or your e-reader. Hmm...I'm not crazy about the audible, though, the lady reading it stretches her vowels a little too far. But you can decide that for yourself by clicking this Amazon link.

Summaryish: Brielle's dream of becoming a ballerina (I know, sounds like a cheesy romance-drama so far, but it gets better) is shattered when something terrible happens to her. Her life is further flipped upside down with the arrival of a new boy in town...who has a deeply hidden secret that involves her. And when a realm of angels and demons becomes visible to her, she knows her life will never be the same...but is the change for the better, or the worse? That wasn't a very good summary. But I tried.

Review: So, I was a little put off by the cheesy ballerina thing at first too, and the beginning felt a little mleh. But as I read more, I got deeper into the story. I felt the tense building of the story right down to my capillaries, and, continuing with my blood analogy, I'm surprised I didn't have some sort of aneurysm when everything finally exploded in this awesome firework display of wonder. And, yeah, that's pretty much my review. It was a great book full of excitement and suspense and the characters were actually people to me. 

Words to the Characters:

Brielle: You cry a lot. Maybe you should keep a handkerchief in your sleeve or something. Just saying.

Jake: Okay, not the best way to tell that to a girl. In fact, that wasn't smart at all. Flashmobs are the best way to go. Remember that for later.

Okay, we have officially ended the blog marathon, but it might continue for a few days anyway!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment