Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's Herbal Lemongrass - Teatulia.

Hey world! It's tea time, so I thought I'd blog while eating. It's been a while since I've blogged, hasn't it? But, I said a few posts ago that I'm stopping with the apologies, and that's exactly what I'm doing. You can just forgive me on your own time. Ooo! Ahh! Tea's too hot! WAY too hot!! Ahhh! Thank goodness I had some yogurt handy! I'm going to get on with this post before I kill myself.

So, a few days ago, or probably more like a week, I finished this book called The Vindico by Wesley King. It is Mr. King's first novel, and the first novel in a six book series. The second book is already out, but I'm not sure about the others, though. His website doesn't appear to be often updated, since the second book is no where to be found. Unless of course, there's a secret hidden website of which I am unaware. My tea is almost gone...What am I going to do? Just finish this tomorrow? Well, I'll give you the Amazon link and go from there.

Summaryish: The tea is still holding up, so I think I have enough time to tell you that this book is about five kids who are kidnapped by aging but still evil supervillains to be taught as apprentices. Or proteges, as the book itself says. But these kids don't want to be villains...or do they? What if the intense learning program of the Vindico's school awakes in them something they never knew they possessed. Because they all have skills...and they all want revenge. But against whom? The people who tormented them in their past lives, or the villains who took them out of it?

Review: Still have tea, maybe I'll be able to finish this review after all. Okay, so, this book was pretty good (and evil - ha!). But, I don't know, I think I was expecting something a bit more funny, and for some reason I was disappointed. I went into the book expecting something like Emperor Mollusk, but got something more like a Michael Carroll. It was still a good book, and there were a lot of funny moments, and the...I just lost my train of thought. Anyways, there was action, and a touch of mystery, along with suspense, but also a little bit of boring mixed in. All-in-all, the book is okay, and I'm going to read the rest of the series, but it's not an aching desire to read more, you know?

Words to the Characters:

Woops, I just ran out of tea. Bye now!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment