Friday, May 2, 2014

I Don't Know About You, But I Was Definitely On Fire.

Hey world! I woke up kind of early today and did everything I wanted to have done by lunch time done by, like, 9:40, and after wandering around looking for something to do, I remembered that I'm having a blog marathon! So here I am, carrying the moment you've all been waiting for in my pocket. But I'm going to make you wait for it. I'm just going to stretch out this paragraph as long as I can, while you sink deeper and deeper into suspenseful agony, perhaps never to come out of that deep pit for hours and hours before I release you from that captivity with the key only I hold...the power to press the enter key.

So, the wait is over, I finished Ignite Me by Taherah Mafi a little more than a week ago. It is the conclusion in the Shatter Me trilogy, and what an ending it is! More on that later. There are two novellas in this series published separately as ebooks, but also published together in paperback. (Boy, do I want that paperback! [I like gifts, by the way]). Bet you want the Amazon link, huh? You've probably been dying for it! Nice audible, although I always imagined her voice just a touch deeper. 

Summaryish: You know the rules, don't you dare read this if you haven't read the other two in the series! After the total crushing of Omega Point, Juliette awakes to find herself in Warner's room. Worse - in his bed! But that's the least of her problems, her whole world has fallen apart, and she doesn't know if her friends are alive or dead. And she wants revenge on the person who did all this to her. She will stop at nothing before kills the person who killed her, and by doing so, she might discover sides of herself (and Warner - oo!) that she never knew existed. 

Review: Whoa snap. You can tell this is a good book because the audible is, like, over 20 dollars. The whole world held its breath for this book, and now that it's over, the world isn't breathing for a completely different reason. I wish there were more, I wish it never had to end. But it did. It ended in exactly the way I wanted it to. There's something disappointing in that. But anyways, this book was so riveting and exciting that I barely had time to turn the pages. Whooooaooaoaoaoaaa.

Words to the Characters:

Juliette: While I miss the fainty, squealy, poetic girl you used to be, I can't help but be proud of the person you've become. 

Warner: Did you know I'm on Team Warner? Usually, I totally ignore all the romantic stuff, but this time I just had to cast my vote.

Snap. What am I going to do this afternoon now? Oh well. Maybe I'll post twice, maybe I'll read right through. See you next time I see you for some psychotic craziness!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment