Saturday, May 3, 2014

Recently, It's Been 2048.

Hey world! I haven't forgotten you yet! Woopdeedoo! What day is this? Four maybe? Three? Well, my goal is to make it for about three more books, but we'll see. Hey, maybe in three days I'll have to extend it to five! I wonder how long this marathon is actually going to last. Maybe  forever! You know, that reminds me. I haven't had a blog series in a while. Sad. Anyways, I've just remembered which book I'm reviewing, so I'm going to get started!

So, a week and two days ago (Oi!) I finished this book called Mind Games by Kiersten White. And, oh! Would you look at that! It's a series! Book two just came out in February, how fun! And there's also a short, too, nice! The audible is surprisingly good, nicely inflected and emotional. Ooo, the sun just came out! So bright and warm and pretty. A nice setting for an Amazon link. Aw, back behind a cloud again.

Summaryish: Fia and Annie have certain special abilities that brought them to the attention of a secret, sinister organization that wishes to exploit these talents for their own nefarious purposes. (I really love the word nefarious.) Fia, a girl with perfect instincts, is there only because they have her sister, a seer, locked up. But when Fia refuses to kill someone, she must put her skills to the test as she tries to hide her secrets and get out of the evil school once and for all.

Review: I felt like I wasn't going to like this book. It just looked a little...eh. But then I started actually reading, and found out just how wrong I was. This book took me less than 24 hours to complete, but every one of them was absolutely glorious! Not only was it exciting, but the way it was written was beautiful. Some things could have been reinforced a little bit to get a little more emotion out of me, but that small detail was overlook-able simply because the book was so awesome! Huzzah huzzah, two thumbs up, rock out, and goodbye.

Words to the Characters:

Fia: I'm crazy too, it's all good. Just remember to breathe, that's the most important thing.

Annie: I'd say something to you, but you're blind and it would take forever for your text-to-speech to translate.

Okay, see you hopefully tomorrow, but Sunday tripped me up last time...

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment