Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Irony Is Killing Me.

Hey world! I guess the marathon is over after all, considering I didn't blog yesterday. Totally messed up my groove. But I'm here today! Maybe we can pretend that yesterday never even happened and still call it a marathon...No, that would be dishonest, and this is an "honest review" site. So yeah. We'll just start a new marathon, one that will only last a few books. Three or four or something. Wow, I love blogging! It's just so much fun! Everyone should have a blog! Now I'm going to use mine!

So, the book I'm reviewing today is actually in this library trip, so we're getting closer and closer to being all caught up! Oh, it's called Emblaze and it's the third book in the Violet Eden chapters by Jessica Shirvington, the person from whom I won a book in a contest and still haven't received. Nicely accented audible, though. But you can find that out for yourself by following this Amazon link. 

Summaryish: Remember, if you haven't read the others in the series, we'll meet up in the next paragraph. In the third installment of Violet's life, she's still reeling from the duel in Jordan. Phoenix is in possession of the Grigori Scripture, and he'll do anything to get his hands on the one Violet has. OH MY GOSH PEOPLE THE BOOK CAME IN THE MAIL! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! I'M A WINNER! It's kind of ironic because I'm reviewing a book by the author of the book I won, and in the last paragraph said I haven't received it yet. Ha. Anyways...So, she and Pheonix arrange a trade, things go wrong, blah blah blah, LILITH! Okay, that's about it.

Review:: It has a pretty cover, this book I won. But anyways. I have to say, this book (the one I'm reviewing, not winning) is the best in the series so far! Now that everyone's past most of the romance stuff, the action and suspense are finally more prevalent, for which I am grateful. Give me a good explosion over a kiss any day. And without all that stuff I had to skip, I was able to more easily connect to the story. Every second I wasn't reading, I was thinking about the book, wondering what was going on, plotting how to get out of whatever I was doing that was keeping me from the book, contemplating malingering but eventually rejecting that idea. All in all, it was a great book!

Words to the Characters:

Violet: I'm happy that you're changing. You used to be this bratty selfish chick, but now you're getting better. That didn't sound mean did it?

Phoenix: I know I was just complaining about the romance in the earlier books, but I just want you to know that I like you better than that other guy.

Okay, maybe I'll see you tomorrow, but maybe not. The marathon is over after all...Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment