Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm A Pyromaniac.

Hey world! Wow, it's after 8 o'clock and I haven't eaten dinner yet. This is bad for my schedule. But anyways, I thought it would be nice to blog, and also to tell you that I won't be for at least three days. I'm going on a trip. Cars are not the best places for Internet access, but we do have a hotspot so you never know. In addition, I've been thinking about something for a long while now. What is that thing? you wonder. Retiring the Words to the Characters paragraph. I know, I know, drastic of me, but all of these posts are just all the same. It'll be nice to mix it up every now and then. I'm not taking it away completely, I just might throw in a page-by-page commentary, or something like that. It's still being considered. Feel free to tell me any ideas you have, and I'll consult my manager. 

So, in my last library visit there was this book called Flame by Amy Kathleen Ryan that I read. It is the conclusion to the Sky Chasers trilogy, and I know I've reviewed at least one of them here...maybe even both. Wow, my pencil is very sharp. Back to business. There is no audible, but there definitely is this beautiful Amazon link.

Summaryish: In the aftermath of the Empyrean explosion, all the Empyrean crew members must go to their enemy ship, the New Horizon, in order to survive. While Waverly looks to an old doctor for help, maybe misguided help, maybe good help, Kieran is taken under Anne Mather's wing, and Seth is fighting for his life with a gradually worsening injury. 

Review: The first 40ish pages were just plain mleh. My eyes roved, and I looked everywhere but at the pages. But after that, things got more interesting, then more and more interesting, things continued in this pattern until I could barely tear myself away. In fact, I think I stayed up until 12:24 AM to finish it. I realize now that those first 40ish pages were simply because I had to get used to Mrs. Ryan's style. Now, a glowign review does not need acclimatization, but it was still a pretty good book. While I doubt I'll remember it in 10 years, it was absolutely fabulous in the present.

Words to the Characters: (I'm still doing it until I think of something else.)

Waverly: I can't believe you let him do that. I mean...Yeesh, I can't believe you let him do that!

Seth: I understand what you're going for...but you really didn't have all the facts. It was right the first time.

Kieran: Did you know that spell check doesn't like your name? Same with Waverly's. There were probably a lot of red lines on that manuscript! Ha!

Kay, bye! See you later!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment