Monday, May 19, 2014

You'd Think They Were All Dead, Or Something.

Hey world! It's been a while! But not too while-y of a while that you forgot all about me, I hope! I've had longer interludes, after all. Anyways, after accomplishing everything I set out to do by 4:00 done by 1:00, and futzing around for a bit (ahem, hour), I decided why not blog. And someone begged me to through email. Oh, the life of a celebrity. Anyways. To begin.

So, longer ago than I'd like to admit, I finished this book called The Legacy by Gemma Malley. It's the conclusion in the Declaration trilogy, and I'm not sure if I reviewed the other two on this blog or not. I'm thinking not, though, because I didn't even know this series was a trilogy, I thought it was a duology, and it totally escaped my mind until I saw this at the library and I was like, "Whaaaat?" But upon further inspection, yeah, it's a trilogy. And I have to say, the UK covers are so much prettier than the US versions. At least I'm assuming it's UK, because of the charming foreign spelling and quotation marks in the book, and the fact that it's set in London. Or maybe it's just the paperback/hardcover thing. There's an Amazon link, but no audible. 

Summaryish: When Longevity appears to simply stop working, and the Underground finds a disturbing and unexpected cargo in a lorry they ambush, things start going haywire. Anna, who thought she was finally safe, finds herself thrown back into the chaos of the Resistance, along with her beloved Peter, her daughter, and little brother. Short summary, but it's been a while, I'm out of practice.

Review: So, at first I was just like, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, can we move on please? And that feeling lasted for a really long while. But I stayed strong and powered through, and the ending was mostly worth it. There was plenty of suspense and rising action, foreshadowing and the like, but I would have liked a lot more action. The ending was also pretty predictable, although there was a twist. Perhaps the predictability was a result of the foreshadowing I mentioned. It wasn't cliché, so you don't have to worry about that. But, all-in-all, it was a good book, but I don't think I'd like to read it again. 

Words to the Characters:

Anna: Dear, you didn't really think that, did you? No. You didn't. I admire your hope.

Peter: What is this? You don't just do that!!! Yeesh!

Okay, now I'm only about two or three books behind. See you later, bye bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment