Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's A Sammich With Apple Juice.

Hey world! So I'm eating lunch, and I thought it would be a good idea to blog while doing so. But I'm starting to think it's not, considering the amount of mayonnaise getting on my keyboard. The chips are a little stale, too, but that has nothing to do with book reviews. I'm also doing something else in the background that requires my headphones with half of my attention, so just as a headsup, I will not be sampling the audible today, despite the fact that it most likely has nifty affected British accents. I don't know what it is about the word British, but I always want to spell it with two Ts instead of one. Weird. Moving on!

So, a while ago, but I'm getting caught up, I finished this book called BZRK: Reloaded by Michael Grant. It is book two in the BZRK series, the first one to which I reviewed just a few books ago, so you can scroll down and see that review, or just hang out here where I will hand out neat Amazon links, but not tell you a single thing about the audible. There is a dog trying to eat my stale chips. Rude.

Summaryish: Go away now if you haven't read the first BZRK. Not that I don't love you, or anything, you just can't read this. After the events of BZRK, Vincent, short one biot, isn't doing so well in the sanity department. In addition, The Twins, or at least Benjamin, want revenge on Sadie after she ruthlessly wired him. All the while, Bug Man and Burnofsky are dealing with their own troubles regarding the newly wired president. Not a very good summaryish, but oh well.

Review: Yay!!! This book was just as good as the first one, if not a little bit better. I absolutely love the committed detail and the way something that seems so trivial can have such a huge impact on the story. It really is written well, and the fun fight scenes don't hurt either. My fingers cramped up I was gripping the book so hard. It's a book that leaves your mind racing and your adrenalin rushing long after you put it down! It's amazing the way Mr. Grant writes his book so that you have sympathy even for the villains...brava.

Words to the Characters:

Bug Man: And suddenly, I like you a whole lot more.

Sadie: I was screaming at you to tell him. I was sad you couldn't hear me.

Okay, wow, this is a short post, but I'll be back soon for something that might be a little longer.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment