Thursday, July 4, 2013

DOUBLE Double Toil And Trouble, Fire Burn And Cauldron Bubble!

Hey world!! So, it turns out the water park doesn't open until eleven, and I can wish you a happy 4th of July after all! So, to all you Americans out there, happy Independence Day! To all the other people out there, hi! It's nice to be posting again after such a short time. Blogging is really fun, I recommend it to everyone. Everyone that has something interesting to talk about, like books. 

So, at 12:56, or 7, I'm not sure, I finished reading this book by Jenny Valentine called Double. I know what you're thinking. Why did you read this book so fast? Why not stop reading at 11:22 when your eyes started drooping? The simple answer is, dignity. In order to retain it after taking six days to read a simple 478 page novel, I absolutely HAD to finish something as small as a 246 page book extra super fast. So, I still have my dignity, and now you have an Amazon link. 

Summaryish: This book is all about this guy, I'll call him Chap, and how, after a case of mistaken identity, he decides to take on the life of Cassiel, who inexplicably looks exactly like him. But he soon finds out that it's harder to pretend to be a stranger than he thought. And maybe, just maybe, being Cassiel is even more dangerous than being Chap. Pretty simple plot to summaryishize. I might be subconsciously paraphrasing the jacket flap though...

Review: At first, I didn't really like this book very much. Maybe because it came right after Angelmaker, but probably just because it was very very slow. But, it did have some nice foreshadowing that kept me interested enough to get all the way to three pages past the halfway mark, where it finally picked up the pace and interested me for real. After that, I really loved the book! But not as much as I would love, say, a Scott Westerfeld. I would catalog Ms. Valentine right up there with Gordon Korman and Roland Smith. Better than D. James Smith, not as good as P.W. Catanese. 

Words to the Characters:

Frank: You would be nice if you weren't so mean....

Edie: Wow, two Edies in a row!!! Crazy!!!

Wow, I didn't even talk to the main character today! Unpredictability is fun! Okay, water park time! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment