Thursday, July 18, 2013

Is It Just Me, Or Are Abolitionists Really Cool?

Hey world! Forth day in a row blogging! Am I on a roll or what? The roll is probably coming to an anticlimactic stop at the bottom of a hill today because I've moved from the one-dayers into the two-dayers. Usually when I'm organizing my books, I don't worry about size at all. I just put the ones for which I am most excited first. And since I'm excited about them, they go quicker! But now, I realize that because of that technique, they're kind of organized by how long they will take too. And then of course there's the last book which is just the one with the most surface area, because it has to support all the other books in the pile. So  that one doesn't count. But other than that, it's actually kind of weird how all my books fall into an unplanned order of how long they're going to take. Well, enough contemplating my organization habits, let's talk about the book!

So, sometime around 11:22 last night I finished a book called The Trap Door by Lisa Mcmann. It is book three of the Infinity Ring series, book two I reviewed here. I don't think I reviewed the first book anywhere but in my mind and reading log. But anyways, there is one more thing this paragraph and I would like to give you, and that is the Amazon link

Summaryish: Usually I'm good at this (not), but today it feels especially hard to come up with a summary. Or even a summaryish! Let's just say, our ninth favorite time-travelers in recent history have landed in 1850, America, in the years leading up to the civil war. Their mission, should they choose to accept it, is to find and fix the Break that made the Underground Railroad nondescript, i. e. a complete failure. But, when Riq is mistaken as a runaway slave, things definitely get complicated.

Review: I give this book a solid so-so, but leaning towards the left side of that word, which is the good side. It had plenty going on in it, and it was even presented well! But there was just something about it that I didn't exactly enjoy. Don't ask me what that was, I'm not an experienced enough reviewer to detect AND name such small and obscure feelings that bounce around just under my consciousness. Okay, is it just me, or was that sentence pretty awesome? Sometimes these things just come to me. Maybe it was just the way things seemed to work out so quickly. It's like, one moment they're puzzling over clues, and the next, it's all clicking into place. Not much suspense. I think that might have been it. 

Words to the Characters:

Dak: Why can't I think

Sera:  Of anything to say

Riq:  To this book's characters?

Okay, post over. There is a slim chance I will come back tomorrow for the fifth review in a row, but we'll leave the future where it belongs: in the past with my other time machine. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx 
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment