Wednesday, July 24, 2013

More Than A Fraction Of Crazy Ideas

Hey world!!! I told you it would be a while! Or has it only been four days? Well, four days is still a while. But why am I talking about time? It's irrelevant. Especially the past! So instead let's talk about the present. And by that of course I mean the book I am presently reviewing!

So, earlier today I finished this book called A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz. He's Australian, so this book is extra cool because I can read it with an accent! Okay, are you sitting down, because I have to tell you some depressing news. Ready? Are you sure? Are you positive? Okay, here it is: It's not a series. But the good news is, here's the Amazon link! 

Summaryish: This book is all about this guy, whose father is insane and whose uncle is an infamous criminal. So, Jasper, the guy I was talking about earlier, struggles not to follow in his father's or uncle's footsteps. In fact, he strives to be their mirror opposites. But, it's pretty hard not to be at least a little insane when your father is hanging curtains on the bathroom mirrors. I know it sounds kind of boring, but it's actually hilarious. 

Review: So far, this is a really short post. But maybe I can change that in this paragraph. I really super loved this book! It was funny and philosophical, asinine and in some moments sane. The only thing that disappointed me were all the bad words. I mean, sheesh, is it so hard to say snap? Or oh my goodness gracious? But, aside from that, this book was fantabulicious! I liked how inside the chapters were sub-chapters. I only ever see that in books designed to look like diaries. Hurray for this book! Review over.

Words to the Characters:

Towering Inferno: Did you know your actual name is never mentioned? Mysterious.

Jasper: If I were you, I would cut your daddy a little more slack. It's not his fault he's logged time in a mental hospital.

Martin: We have a lot in common.

Okay, that's all for today. I would like to return soon, but since I'm starting the last book in my pile and no plans to visit the library, I have to slow down so I don't go bookless.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment