Thursday, July 11, 2013

Woops! I Almost Forgot!

Hello world! You know, all day yesterday I was thinking to myself, "I have forgotten something...now what was it?" And, as it turns out, it was blogging!! Silly me! I, the reigning blogging monarch, failed to review a book yesterday! Maybe yesterday was opposites day or something. So, are you ready to talk about a book? If so, continue reading! If not, just hang out here in the introductory paragraph for a while. No rush. 

So, it was probably Tuesday when I finished reading The Last Operative by Jerry B. Jenkins. It was formerly known as just The Operative but it was republished, and this is the amazon link to the version I read. Wow. All the requirements to my second paragraph were met in just two sentences. Weird.

Summaryish: If you read the post I made before this one, then you will know that I thought this book was about spies. And I was right. It's about a spy whose wifey was murdered, and he's all like "REVENGE!!" But also he's trying to stop some terrorists from blowing up America with nuclear bombs. In addition, he's trying to repair some major rifts in his relationship with his kids, who are little more than acquaintances due to his life as an NSA agent. 

Review: Maybe it's because I read this book two whole days ago, but I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. It was nicely paced, and full of action. But, some parts were really boring and I was like "Bleh!" but then, something interesting happens and I'm like "Yeah!" I like how there were codes, and missions, and other spy-like things, and how well that was balanced with normal real life things. (Or as real life as fiction can get, but we all know there is no real life outside of books anyway.) So, yeah. That's pretty much all I have to say. 

Words to the Characters:

Cydya:  J'aime ta nom beaucoup! C'est très belle!

Jordan: Personally, I don't think you should retire. I think you should take more vacation time. 

Okie dokie, see you next time! Who knows when that will be, though, the book I'm reading now was written in 1847!!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment