Monday, July 8, 2013

Title? What Title? Murder!? These Murders!

Hey world! Gosh, it's been ages!! Well, more like four days, but still. I have news!! I change to my blog is coming in the near future!! I can't wait! Actually I can, since it's kind of a boring change. Oh well. Changes are changes, and this certainly is one! This paragraph has gone on long enough! Let's talk about books!

So, a little while ago I completed a book called The Paris Directive by Gerald Jay (which is a pen name). I think it was his debut. Later, it's going to be a series, but no other books have been written yet. So right now it's just a book, waiting for siblings. I can't decide whether it falls into the category of thriller or mystery. Maybe it was just fiction. I don't know. 

Summaryish: You should be really proud of me, I came up with this summaryish before I even started this post! So now I don't have to take two lines of type thinking about what I'm going to say! Huzzah! So when an assassin kills four people when they are vacationing in France, and the local handyman is wrongly accused, the daughter of two of the victims and Investigator Mazarelle have to follow their instincts to catch the real killer, who has covered his tracks seemingly flawlessly. Tada!

Review: Oi veh. You know how my summary makes this book sound great? Well, I was lying. I wasn't lying about what this book is about, I was falsely adding excitement to the story. I mean, if you know it was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the library before you even start, why play the game? If it's going to be a mystery, it needs to be mysterious, and if it's going to be a thriller, it needs to be thrilling. But I was neither mystified nor thrilled, I was bored! I would have stopped half way through, but I couldn't do that because then my review wouldn't be honest. I also have a reading log that would have been mad at me. But that's just me, if you like inspectors and red heads just standing around living, albeit in the midst of several murders, than you would love this book! But if your like me, and need at least a car chase to keep you enthralled, then I would not add this to your library list.

Words to the Characters:

Molly: It's kind of weird how you don't seem all that sad about your parents dying, but, hey, we all take things differently!

Reiner: You're really mean, I don't think I like you.

That's about all for today! Join me next time for what I think might be a book about spies, but I'm not sure! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment