Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Too Wow. Just Wow. To Be A Wow. Just Wow.

Hey world!!! Sheesh, it's been almost a whole week! But, in my defense, the book I was reading is pretty intense, in an epic sort of way, not as in "intense workout" because we all know how terrible those are. We'll talk more about that later. I almost didn't review this, but upon reflection I discovered it was way too good not to review!! It's too Wow. Just Wow. to be a Wow. Just Wow. Ooh. I think I'll title this post that. I was also going to review it tomorrow, so that I could wish all the Americans out there a happy Forth of July, but then I remembered I'm going to be at a water park tomorrow. Hm. For an anonymous person, I sure do tell the world a lot about myself. 

So, the book I'm reviewing today is called Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway. Who, for the record, is going on my favorite author list. But we'll talk more about that later. I've never read anything by him before, but you can bet I will! Anyways, if you would like to purchase the book, which I highly recommend (we'll talk more about that later) try clicking here. Even if you don't want to buy it, you can still click and see the picture of the cover which is very pretty indeed! Oh, and does anyone ever notice that I always put the authors' websites inside their names? In case you didn't, the authors' names are links! I've always thought it was pretty obvious since links turn all sorts of crazy colors. Just thought I'd make it entirely known so that there is no doubt whatsoever that websites can be found in names. And Mr. Harkaway has a very nifty website! 

Summaryish: A moment of silence please. For me to collect my thoughts, of course. No one died or anything. Okie dokie, I have a summaryish in my brain now. The trouble is typing it. So this book is all about this clockworker, whose daddy was an infamous criminal, and how his attempts to not follow in his father's footsteps are foiled by the forces of evil trying to achieve god-like status by means of a truth machine. He teams up with a former superspy, now crazy dog lady, to stop aforementioned evil forces from doing aforementioned heinous acts of evil. Bam. Frame that one and stick it on the wall. It has to be one of my best summaryishes ever. Please, hold your applause. 

Review: I don't think I could ever tell you how much I love this book. It was absolutely and utterly supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious. And that's saying something because usually minor things or events in books cause me to stop at awesometatiousfulicious. I'm about to break some major scales here by saying this book is only a smidgeon shy of equaling the level of awesome where Artemis Fowl now rests. Now do you see how beautiful this book is? 

Words to the Characters:

Joe: Forgive me, but I have to say it: You're definitely not an average Joe are you? Sorry. I couldn'y stop myself. Usually I only bring in clichés when I can't think of something to say, but this time it was more like I couldn't resist. 

Polly: Wow. It's hard to get from Mary Angelica to Polly, but I guess you just like things difficult. I admire that.

Yeah that's about it for today. I feel sorry for the next book in my pile, but someone had to compose after Beethoven. That's my version of 'someone had to go on after Elvis' because I'm more of a Beethoven fan than an Elvis fan. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment