Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wow, I've Ended Two Series In A Row.

Hey world! I'm back for more! I finished my chips, the day is planned, and life in general is great. Mostly because I'm talking to you, fellow reader. I see no need for this paragraph to extend further, let's get reviewing!

So, a little less than an hour ago I finished Timelock by Davis Klass. The finale of the Caretakers trilogy. I've reviewed all three books here on the blog! The one before this is right here which may or may not lead back to the first. I'm not sure. Sometimes I forget the links. But I will not forget this Amazon link!!! Let's see, what's else....hmm...nothing. Moving on.

Summaryish: It's been a year since Jack's first adventure, and he's trying to forget the past...that is to say the future. But, when he's sent to his birth-time against his will, it's pretty hard to ignore the fact that your are destined to save the world. This time from the melting polar icecaps. But first, he must rescue his birth father from the Dark Lord's prison. Wow. Great summaryish going on today!

Review: I give it a three and a half out of five. It feels kind of like Mr. Klass got bored or something and didn't put as much into this book as he did the others. I also miss the alliteration and the "look that one up, my friend, but not now"s. Plus, again, the sentence fragments were found only in the first chapter. And although I don't mourn that loss, I feel like if you announce there are going to be some, there really ought to be some. Other than that, it was a fantastic read! It was great to see all my old friends again! And I really enjoyed the non-stop action!

Words to the Characters:

Jack: I think you should forgive your parents, they were just trying to save the world.

P.J.: Good choice.

Okay, sadly that's all I have for today. I hope to see you next time for some good old fashioned good vs. evil! 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment