Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm Flying In The Rain! Okay, Those Aren't The Real Lyrics And Only These Guys Can Fly.

Hey world! It is so great to see you after...a day. Sure, it hasn't been that long, but I did miss you!!! Since we last met, I organized my library books, finished one, started another, lovingly inspecting the books I own for dust and bent covers, and made plans for seeing a movie tomorrow. But that last thing really has nothing to do with this blog at all, though, does it?

So, I don't really remember when I finished reading Max by James Patterson, but it was definitely today, and it was certainly recently. What I do remember is that it is book five in the Maximum Ride series. For me this series is rapidly drawing to a close, I believe I only have three books left. Anyways. I don't really feel like getting the link to the last book in this series that I reviewed, even though I'm really proud of the title, so if you really want it, you can just scroll down twelve or thirteen posts. But, in preparation for this post, I've already gone to get the Amazon link, which is located here, so you don't have to worry about going without that!

Summaryish: Back yet again from the limbo between books in a series, Maximum Ride and her flock of mutant bird kids are entertaining folks to support a company thing that is trying to save the planet. But, when yet another enemy comes out of the blue, pun intended (you'll get it when you read it), they are caught up with the US Navy and perhaps the worst ecological disastrophe they've tried their hardest to avert yet. But, oddly enough, there are only two kidnappings in this book. Mr. Patterson seems to be slacking. 

Review: I'm having mixed feelings here. On one hand, I really like this series and all that goes along with it, but on the other hand, it is falling deeper and deeper into the realm of unbelief. Hm. I think I've used that metaphor before. But it's true. I liked it, it was fun to read, engaging, and action packed. So, I don't have any real complaints. Just an underlying feeling of discontent. 

Words to the Characters:

Max: 

Gazzy: I like blowing things up to. But sadly, this generally occurs in my imagination. Even more sadly, I'm blowing up my thoughts and then I forget what I'm going to say to Max and end up leaving her space blank.  

Okay, this post is over. I might see you again tomorrow, but I'm not entirely sure. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment