Monday, June 3, 2013

I Wish You A Very Jolly June!!

Hello there world!!! Boy has it been a long time! After going twenty four hours without books, I finally made it to the library. I got twelve books! I'm really excited about all of them! This is the first of that twelvogy, I hope you love it!!!

So, sometime around 10 last night, I completed the second book in the Caretakers Trilogy, Whirlwind, by David Klass. I loved the first book so much, that I'm already reading the second one only about four books away from the first one! You could just scroll down to read my review of the first one, or you could take the easy way out and click here. It was the post on which Bryan Davis commented! I feel like I'm missing something...oh yeah! The Amazon Link!

Summaryish: One minute please...Un moment sil-vous-plait...Uno secondo pleaso....Okay, I got it. Last time around, Jack Danielson saved the oceans from the Dark Lord's son. This time, he has to save the Amazon from the Dark Lord himself. But now, the Dark Lord has a grudge, which will make it all the more difficult to defeat him. Plus, the only person even capable of beating TDL (The Dark Lord) has mysteriously vanished off the face of the planet. And then there's the added plot twist that P.J., Jack's girlfriend, is also missing. Beethoven's Fifth should really start playing in the background right about now...

Review: Yowza! I loved this book! It has a great story line, not just likable, but lovable characters, and then there's all the heart-pounding action and suspense. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't seem consistent. The "pace-making sentence fragments" kind of disappear, though that wasn't a tragic loss. Also, when people from Jack's hometown see him again, they don't seem at all surprised that he's **Spoiler alert for those who have not read Firestorm** missing a finger. I also enjoyed all of the alliteration, that was fun to read. So yeah, that's my review.

Words to the Characters:

Jack: Things just work out for you, don't they?

Mysterious Kidah: You're funny, and I totally agree with you about Eko.

Eko: Still wondering about the correct pronunciation of your name, but I'm going with echo instead of eco.

That's about it for today, unless I come back later for more! Okay! Love you, bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment