Saturday, June 15, 2013

Has It Been 80 Posts Already?

Hello world!! It has just been so long since I have blogged!! I'm kidding, it was yesterday. But I did miss you! That's why I finished a book really quickly so that I could blog again today!! I'm kidding again, it was just because it was really short. I mean, I finished this book just two minutes before it would have been twelve hours! I would have finished sooner and blogged yesterday, but I was watching Star Trek

So, I just finished a book, actually a play is more like it, called The Comedy of Errors by, you guessed it, the Honorable William Shakespeare! And boy was it hilarious! But I'm getting ahead of myself, the review paragraph is still some ways off. As far as I know, it's not a series. I think Henry IV and Henry VI are series though. A parting gift from this paragraph to you, the Amazon link

Summaryish: This is going to be hard to explain, but two sets of twins were born on the same night, one set to be slaves to the other. Coincidentally, they kind of split up in a ship wreck and took the same names. So, when one of the twins becomes curious about his long lost brother he sets off to find him. Finally, he makes it to the same town as his twin brother, resulting in several humorous cases of mistaken identity. Good times, fond memories. 

Review: At first, I was worried this would be Shakespeare-funny, and I wouldn't get the jokes because they would have something to do with old timey pop culture or something. But in the end, I was laughing my head off! Especially the part about the baldness, classic! What else is there to say? How about this, it wasn't hard to understand at all! Just a few thees and thous, no biggie. I like the way sometimes it rhymed and sometimes it didn't. To conclude, I absolutely adored it!

Words to the Characters:

Antipholus(es): Why are y'all so mean to the Dromio twins? It's not very nice to beat people. Maybe you should try stern chastisement and positive reinforcement. 

Dromio(s): I like y'all's good humor. Even when y'all are being beaten up, you can still make jokes!

Okie dokie, that's about it for today. See you next time with what I think is a sci-fi dramedy. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment