Friday, June 21, 2013

Forerunners Remind Me A Teeny Bit Of Vulcans.

Hey world!!! Wow, it has been a while! I'm pretty excited because I get to go to the library soon!! I only have about 2/3 of a book left, and it's super-de-duper and will be over really soon! Then I'll be bookless! Ah! But then I can go to the library, and all will be well. Well, if you're ready to talk about a book, then begin reading the next paragraph...NOW!

So, I just finished this book titled Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear. It is the first in the Forerunners trilogy, excuse me, saga. Judging by the ads in the back, it has something to do with the Halo video game? I don't know for sure because I only play video games if they are logic puzzles. I just like reading about aliens so I picked the book up during my browse. Maybe the video game is about aliens too! Who knows? I don't. This young paragraph's life is coming to a premature end with the Amazon link.

Summaryish: This book was a little hard to follow, but I think it's about a young Forerunner, which is a humanoid alien species, who discovers a lot about himself while he tries to save the world from a deadly plague people call the Flood. I think that's actually a series overview, this particular book is about him trying to figure out what the Flood is, exactly, and why it exists. Stuff like that. Heads up, the ending is a little bit sad in a happy way. Hey, I wonder if that is where the word sappy came frome. SAd and haPPY. Sappy. Hm.

Review: Like I said before, this book was a little hard to follow because our dear narrator Bornstellar, and all Forerunners in general, is very technological. It's as if he's narrating from a distance, carefully removed from the story and yet totally involved in it as well. That's why I think it was beautifully written, but also a little  too easy to tune out and start thinking about turkey sandwiches and just exactly how long until it's lunch time because I have some great chips that taste fantastic and I would very much like to eat them. I also think it was a great story, and I'm looking forward to the next books in the series, but I'm also not excited about them because I'm worried I won't get much out of the story if my attention wanders, which is very easy in this series, and I star thinking about the periodic table of the elements and why gold's letter-thing is au. It might have something to do with Latin. Anyways, to recap, great book, hard to follow, lovely story, attention wandering. 

Words to the Characters:

Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting: I was kind of dissapointed when you mutated, it's like you weren't you anymore. I felt like I lost a friend. Sad. 

(the) Didact: This comment is directed towards the final few pages: Creepy!

Okie dokie, that's about it. Join me next time for something I have been waiting for for a LONG time! Eep!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment